Thursday, February 28, 2008

A past, present, and future thought(to come)...

Last night was a late one, 2am to be exact...sometimes ya gotta make a few sleeping sacrifices in order to catch up with closest friends. It was so worth it, although I am just short of "the nod" right now. Anywho, I was reminded of a verse in Romans 8 last night which made me think...I should just read that whole stinkin' chapter, I need it all!! And it certainly was nothing less than perfect.

Onto the present. Today, I am going to visit one of my dearest college friends and one of the 5 roommates I had last year. I am soooo excited for several reasons. For one, this friend means alot to me because of her love for the Lord and her consistant prayers for me, so I am just excited to see her face. She is one of 4 of us who are very close and keep an e-mail update chain throughout the week. Just sayin...

Reason #2: We are going snowboarding/skiing. I cannot tell you how happy I am about this. Probably because neither one of us are pros in the snow, so I am going to get some good, gut-wrenching laughs in fo sho! AND, I get to actually take my snowboard out on real slopes, not just the "mountains" of Lynchburg. I'm sure I'll blog about how that goes. :)

Reason #3: Banana bread muffins with chocolate chips in them. Oh my word, how I miss waking up to these in college. They are yummy with a nice cup of milk! (As much as this sounds like an idol, it's not. I promise if food ever becomes an idol you have permission to call me out on it.) ;)

Reason #4: Contra dancing. It all started back during some war when the french were our allies and they renamed what american's called "country dancing," to contra dancing because of their inability to pronounce the word right. While I very much appreciate country land, I am by no means a redneck so take that into consideration before you read any further. It's basically learning to line dance along with other sweet moves and is a great work-out at that. Anyway, it is not hard to learn once you get the basics and it is SO FUN. I really enjoy twirling in my skirt, but that only happens once you get real good...haha. If you want to learn more about this random dance or ever want to go to one, feel free to contact me. I'm always game.

Reason #5: I'm sure I will get to meet some people, and that's always a blast! PLUS, I get to see a "new" friend of mine(her name is Jenny) who is so fun to be around and has a sweet heart! yay.

Stay tuned... in the near future, I will blog about my adventures in Boone, NC!!!

p.s. My friend's name is Sarah, but I call her Sarahbelle...has a nice ring to it.

No comments: