Monday, February 11, 2008

College

I really really really miss the memories that accompanied college right about now. As I talked with one of my best friends last night briefly, we reminisced once again about the good times we spent together and how being apart is pretty stinky. She and I were butt buddies last year especially and were both nursing majors so we pretty much did everything together. But I miss our talks the most, how we would have to schedule quality talk time for like an hour here and there with our study loads being so heavy, but it always turned out to be several hours...which was nice. We would get away from school(most of the time we'd hit up our friends-the employees...at Bojangles) and sit and talk about the Lord. I miss that alot. We would talk about areas of weakness, sometimes in one another and we'd discuss scriptures and things we didn't understand. The conversation was always centered around the Lord and seasoned with Grace...most of the time accompanied by much much LAUGHTER. She always challenged me in a loving way to pursue my Savior, that for which I am eternally grateful for. She didn't always do this verbally, her life in general is that of a Prov. 31 woman and I can't say that about myself or many others right now. Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble, I just really miss her. :)

Some of my favorite college memories from my senior year:
1. swimming laps and talking in the jacusee(sp?) w/Ash afterwards.
2. Our apartment, the beephouse and all the joy and laughter that flowed from there on a daily, minute by minute basis.
3. Seeking the Lord with close friends.
4. I miss mother/baby clinicals.
5. The Christian fellowship that surrounded me.
6. Being taught in great detail the Word of God from the church I went to.
7. Talking on the phone to one of my other best friends on our wabbly wooden porch deck in the back that will fall any day now. :)
8. Random road trips with the video camera acting SILLY, really really silly.
9. Hiking
10. Defining the song "GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN" with my roommates. :)

I am very blessed, college was the BEST and now the Lord is taking care of me, revealing to me His plans one step at a time...how exciting!!!

No comments: