Thursday, February 21, 2008

3 Words

I can't help but to wonder back to a conversation I had with a best friend of mine awhile back about life. As much as I've learned over the past few years, I'm still learning. Right when I thought my head would explode with so much information on various subjects and life lessons. But it hasn't yet, and I can only attribute that to the simplicity and beauty of the Gospel that is played out in my life daily. Each morning I wake up, grace and mercy from the Lord's hand await me for the day and ultimately are what sustain me, nothing else. His grace is sufficient and His right hand will sustain. When I choose to embrace and accept that, my day usually starts off great! Anyway, sometimes when my eyes are taken off of the prize(keywords: when my eyes are taken off the prize), I wonder what the purpose of certain things are that take place in my life. Sometimes this turns more into a prayer question than merely a wonder and I am always answered with the three simple words, FOR MY GLORY. And that is enough. That's all I need to hear, and then I am thankful for the privilege to walk through these circumstances, whatever they may be in any given day. If he becomes more, and I become less, it is well with my soul. If I can be reminded of the Lord my Savior, my Redeemer and the gospel of grace through the circumstances that take place, then give me the best and worst of them. Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, so my heart will take courage and wait upon the Lord, yet again...and again. My heart will rest in his steadfast love and I will rejoice, for I have been set free!

No comments: