Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Relentless love

Wowsers. Much has happened in just the past week, let alone the last time I blogged. But one thing that is not new and that has not changed, is God's relentless, unconditional love for me. I have felt very near to the heart of God lately, through circumstances, and waiting.

I'm just getting off night shift, so it's only appropriate to start with work. For the protection of my sweet patients I won't go into detail, but work has been very difficult, rewarding, challenging, emotional, and a blessing all in one here lately. My co-workers have been a great help and blessing to me through all the tough stuff. I had a patient(a couple and their family) recently who blessed my heart so much and were so kind in letting me be apart of their lives during a difficult time. I will never be able to express the impact they left on me, and how they will forever be in my heart and prayers. Last night was another trying situation, a little bit different but I was left with many of the same questions for my Savior. Some things I do not understand, and will never understand. And its OK, because His ways and His thoughts are so much higher than mine(Isaiah 55:8-I think).

Running is going okay, I am going to attempt 5 miles this week. Attempt being the key word. I will be right on target with a healthy lifestyle if I can just work on my eating habbits... :)

I am closing on my Townhouse tomorrow morning. I am very excited and have no clue what color to paint below the chair rail. I'm liking green at the moment, surprise surprise. But I like the thought of blue and yellow at some point somewhere...
Anyway, I am excited about saving some money with this purchase, and I am now more than ever focused on being a good steward of what God blesses me with, including this home. It may have nice things in it, but never nice enough to keep me from up and leaving it to do God's work elsewhere, ya never know!!! It shall be a place for people of all kinds to be welcomed into...how exciting!!!

One of my best friends is getting married this month, yea Ash!!!!!!! I'm pumped about spending some time with her, and my college girls. Also, my other best friend will be around a couple of days this month too, double whammee! I am so thankful for great friends...and family too. They are borderline one in the same.

The Lord is continuously teaching me humility. This is hard, but good and necessary. This is a lesson I will forever be learning while in pursuit of a Holy God. Two other words/commands that come to mind that I have been meditating on lately are Obedience and Abiding. I've spent some time in John 10, 14, and 15...I need more! Speak to me Jesus!

and last but not least.....I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT TO A BABY BOY!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOIII!

This is a brief outline of what's new with me for anyone who wants to know...maybe I'll get better about updating more frequently with fun details :).

No comments: