Monday, June 8, 2009

LIFE

Twice in one week, I'm feelin' a little crazy!  Nah, just this whole 3 weeks of night shift thing has got me up when I should be sleeping.  It's so nice to be up sometimes when you know the rest of the world (so to speak) is sleeping, whether it be a late night or early morning.  I can hear myself think and ponder on what really matters in life(or things that don't!).  Life is short, a vapor in the wind, and I want to make the most of it.  

Several things have been on my mind lately.  One is the fact and feeling that Christians are becoming outnumbered and unpopular.  Not saying evidence of God's grace doesn't exist anymore at all, I see it everywhere and in many lives, but sometimes I get scared to see what the future holds for half-hearted Christians.  There will come a time when we are faced with a decision, maybe I'll be alive, maybe not, but I pray even now that I will not choose man over God, ever.  I have been hit hard lately with the reality that I need to have God's word in my heart.

I am way too involved emotionally with work.  I love my co-workers(and my patients) more than Chic-fil-a, bojangles, mcdonalds iced coffee, and my bed all combined together.  But not in a freaky way, haha, just in a way that I want them to have the best, to know the best....CHRIST.  Sometimes I get my buttons pushed and God, only God, gives me the patience to react in a loving way(sometimes before I sin with my thoughts, sometimes afterwards).  But for the most part, if you abide by the golden rule(treat others like you want to be treated), it works in your favor.

K I'm babbling.  Right now, I am over at one of my best friend's house in VA, she is sleeping.  She is getting married in 19 days.  Wow.  I obviously think about my own love life, er life, when I am around couples as cute as they are, and will be thankful to have someone serving God beside me one day.  But it goes without saying, like any other Christian, I hope that never becomes what I live for...

I don't remember if I shared about the last book I read, Shadow of the Almighty, but either way it is worth talking about again.  What a darn good book!  I love to read and feel privileged that I know how.  I only get sick of reading Christian books on spiritual disciplines sometimes because it is the same stuff, the same, dag on, truthful stuff that I cannot seem to master.  So I get frustrated and then remember to accept God's grace which motivates me to actually carry out prayer, meditating, memorizing scripture, etc.  Is it really that difficult?

I have random thoughts right now, I really want to pick up my prankster game.  I love laughter, but not so much at the expense of others...laughing with you rather than at you is so much more fun, just sayin'.  

K I'm done, congratulations if you've made it this far.  I'm gonna attempt to hit the hay!

kb



1 comment:

Ashley said...

i like hearing your heart...
and i really miss you being here with me.. :)
love you trust!