Thursday, September 24, 2009

Orphans, and Angels of a Lower Flight

I am missing the kids in Haiti right about now. Truth be told, I miss people, any people that I love and have to leave. Its not that I love any kid/person more than another, I don't believe in favoritism but I do love people differently. Obviously its because no one person is like another, people are different and receive love in different ways.

WILLIAMSON: There is one boy in Haiti I observed right much on this last trip, his name is Williamson. He is supposedly 5 yrs. old. He has bigger lips and drools occassionally, and I think its adorable. He is an observer, with a false, space cadet type look on his face more often than not. He watches the other kids and is difinitely a follower at this point. The older kids, even the ones barely older than him look after him too. That probably contributes to the following part. His mom helped out at the orphanage when he was younger. Then one day, she went to the DR and never came back, leaving him an orphan too.

GENESE: There is a girl in haiti I observed right much as well. Her name is Genese and she is 14. She is beautiful, inside and out. She is a huge helping hand and often plays referee between kids fighting, but in a fair, mature way. The kids respect and listen to her. When she isn't playing a motherly role, she is a normal 14 year old with a silly side. She enjoys dancing, joking around, and just being love on. When we left, she became angry at us, even though I could see right through the hard shell to a sweet, tender heart that just wanted to be loved on longer.

Just wanted to share a little bit about a couple of the kids at the orphanage.

Lastly, I am reading this book called Angels of a Lower Flight. This biography is incredible and pulls you in by page 10. I read 130 pages in one sitting if that says anything, cuz I'm so not a nerd...
I recommend this book to everyone, it can be tough emotionally to believe, but so far its good. Perhaps I'll rant and rave more about it when I'm done with it. I keep hoping for a sweet, redemptive type ending. I'll let you know.

Kristi

1 comment:

Ashley said...

thank for writing! i like to hear from ya! :) those kids sounds so SWEET!!